Monday, November 1, 2010

I don't want to forget

I am intentionally behind on the technology of this day. However, I have written in too many journals that are now obsolete, and I am hoping this outlet will help me organize my thoughts and memories a little better. So, today is the first day of November. My boys turned 4 and 2 1/2 last month, and I am 24 weeks pregnant. Let's start with Jonah. He is a very smart, strong-willed, independent little man. He has the greatest imagination ever!! He loves to tell stories, and we love to listen. He certainly requires more of our energy--to discipline and to keep occupied. He loves to read books and play with his Legos. He also really loves to ride his new bike that he got for his birthday. He is not real affectionate and does not express remorse over wrong actions. This is concerning to us, but we pray that one day, Jesus will come into his heart! Then there's Cannon. He potty-trained last month--only took about one week. He now sleeps in his big boy undies! We are enjoying this little break from buying diapers. Cannon is very affectionate and gentle-natured. He is more whiny that Jonah ever was, but he's also very funny. He pretty much likes to do whatever his big brother does. He is defnitely a "pleaser." Right now, he uses a lot of adverbs, particularly "really." For example, he likes to say "dat really, really big one" or "you really cold?" He already has the gift of encouragment. He loves to say kind and encouraging things to his family--i.e. "mommy, your hair is pretty" or "good job" when we do something well. His bright red hair gets him a lot of attention. Next is baby sister. Baby Violet has become very active over the past several weeks. My stomach has begun to do the knotting-up thing as she shifts and moves. She is growing perfectly, and we are excited for her arrival. Right now, I have a rash all over the middle section of my body that is related to the pregnancy. It is pretty annoying, but I have really been feeling great. Even with all the nuisances (nausea, heartburn, rash, etc...), I still love being pregnant. It is wonderful to feel and watch a little life growing inside of me.

So, I've done it! My first blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment