I'm not sure that we really had much of a transition into spring, but it has certainly arrived. I have finally recovered from a cold, allergies, sinus infection, whatever yucky mess that I think I have had most of this month. It really is exciting looking out our big front window and seeing green, as well as a lot of yellow still. My lavender plant that never bloomed last year is crazy with purple flowers. I am so excited to do some fun things with that this year. My parsley and mint never died--I guess a perk to having a winter that never really came.
We are coming off of spring break. It truly was a nice break. The kids and I visited my parents for a couple of days while Daddy was in NYC, then we were pretty well homebound. We enjoyed staying in bed late, eating "hot breakfast," as Jonah calls it (on school days, we eat cereal, as we quickly get ready), and having no schedule to keep. I must say, though, that I kinda thrive on routine, so it is always nice for me to get back to it after a break, or at least I appreciate it a bit more. I have been challenged and encouraged lately to embrace my role as housewife, stay-at-home mom as my life calling, rather than viewing it as my job. This has been a good struggle for me. I am listening to Jonah's creative story-telling right now--good stuff! He is making birthday invitations for the mom of a snake.
Speaking of birthdays, Cannon turns 4 two weeks from today! He finished his Kumon uppercase letters workbook this morning. He has lots of ambition.
So, Violet loves to dance, I mean drop her booty down, arm going, head nodding dance. She cracks us all up, and she does it at even the faintest beat. I have been wanting to capture this goodness and finally did a bit this morning. She is becoming so independent and strong-willed. I am really in a kind of shock when I observe how much she is growing. She is absolutely beautiful and delightful. She is also very difficult to take places--she refuses to sit in a cart and takes off the moment I put her down. This phase can be rather trying, but her sweetness keeps me pushing. Enjoy!
great great, she got her beat from her mommy & molna!!!! too sweet
ReplyDelete