Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweet Days for Sweet Ladies

This sweet lady turned 1 on Friday. 

Stunning!

I cannot believe that our baby girl arrived a year ago already! We are so thankful for her sweet nature and presence in our family. I made a poor scheduling decision and scheduled her one-year check-up on her birthday because the doctor I wanted to see had an opening that day at a good time for us. So, my sweet baby girl had to receive 3 shots and have blood drawn on her special day. Hopefully, she will not hold this against me. Then we had lunch at Chick-fil-A and did some grocery shopping (with Ba, who surprised the kiddos with an early arrival--cannot forget Jonah's reaction when we picked him up from school) for a little gathering with neighbor friends the next day. The shots and teething combination proved to be a bit much for this little one, though, so she felt pretty miserable throughout her birthday weekend. Despite that, I would say she had a pretty special first birthday.She loved her balloons, new toys and books, and her first taste of chocolate. 

Balloon!

Lovin' the new stroller



"This stuff is good"


Friend Chelsea

Brothers love to help sissy

Yay for new toys!

And this sweet lady was united with her Jesus and her Poppy Sunday morning. What a wonderful grandma she was to me! Her discomfort and pain on this earth are no more, and she is enjoying a restored body in glory. We have so many fantastic memories with this lovely woman of God, and she will be dearly missed. Love you, Grandma!

With my babies in August 2011
 

Hugs from her "little red-head" Thanksgiving 2011

"I really want your glasses, Grandma"


1 comment:

  1. these are just wonderful Brit I like what you said about Grandma what a tribute. I do wish I could have been there ~

    ReplyDelete