Saturday, January 21, 2012

January 2006

My world changed 6 years ago this month. Our firstborn was unexpectedly conceived, and life would never be the same. I am so incredibly thankful for the surprise (even though I was not at the time). This was one of those times in life when I thought I had it figured out and was certain my will was God's will. You know, be married for three years or so, work and save money, buy a house and new car, blah blah blah... However, we had been married for 8 months, I was beginning my semester of student-teaching (yes, still in college), and we were living in a one-bedroom apartment. As is true of His character, He provided for each need we had and granted great peace. Now, 6 years later, baby #3 is almost one year old, and I could not imagine my life any other way. And a crazy tidbit: in the 6 years since Jonah was conceived, I have been pregnant, breastfeeding, or both at the same time every single day--every day, people!! So, for over half of a decade, I have been growing, delivering, and feeding 3 babies continuously. Crazy! This season of my life has been so rich and rewarding. Since the Pulliams are done making babies, though, I now think ahead to the next season with excitement. None of this to say that I will wean Violet anytime soon, but my time of nurturing little babes is certainly drawing to a close, and I must accept that truth. So, here's to another flying year, watching my babies grow into children, raising them to love Jesus, and enjoying every moment.


1 comment:

  1. Been meaning to email you, but I keep forgetting. I miss seeing you at CBS and would very much like to get together. Email me and let me know when would work for you!

    ReplyDelete