Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter 2011

So, we have been finishing up some household projects in preparation for little Violet. I will be 35 weeks pregnant tomorrow. I am so anxious to meet my daughter. I have continued to feel good, except for the hip pain and heartburn. I am definitely feeling a final burst of energy, as I am washing her things and cleaning like crazy. We got her crib set up on the final day of Brandon's break.The next goal was to find bedding for the boys' bunk beds and to do a tad more organizing in their room. The perfect opportunity was a trip to Dallas with good friends and a visit to IKEA. I found great bedding and storage buckets, as well as some other great deals. I also had a very refreshing time away with friends.




Then we had a very crazy 10-hour drive home on Sunday in winter weather, which led to...SNOW DAYS! Brandon was home Monday and Tuesday due to inclement weather, so I think he recovered from the weekend I was away. It really was perfect.



We cleaned Jonah's old car seat and readjusted it for little one a couple nights ago. It is really beginning to feel like baby time! I am now preparing items for the upcoming RheaLana's consignment sale. The boys are still transitioning to their joint space. Nap time has definitely been more difficult as Jonah does not nap, but likes to play quietly in his room. Cannon has had a lot of trouble settling down for a nap lately and has gone without several days. It really affects his behavior. He is more aggressive and sassy when he is tired. Meanwhile, Jonah has been making us crazy with his talking back. He often says things like "you don't run the show, mom" or "don't tell me what to do." We are really trying to teach him about disrespect. This is a very difficult battle though. He continues to work diligently at Legos and loves to read books. Cannon is enjoying books more as well and loves to color and listen to music. Cannon still tells us (has been for a few months and I keep forgetting to record) "mommy/daddy, you have poo-poo in yo mout" when we wake up in the mornings. We're still laughing after all the times he has said it. I love my family so much, and I am so thankful for each of my boys. I pray for good, intentional time alone with each of them before little one arrives.

1 comment:

  1. The bunk beds look great with the new bedding and I love the 123 containers too!

    Love Michelle

    ReplyDelete