Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Stroll Down Christmas Lane

We are definitely in full-swing of the holidays. Since I have last written, we have been enjoying our tree, Christmas music, sweets, and gatherings with friends. We had a nice, low-key Thanksgiving with mom and dad and grandma in Fayetteville. My dear CBS friend, Rayanne, threw a lovely baby shower for me and Violet last Sunday. She got so many wonderful things, and we are feeling more and more prepared for her arrival. We are certainly thankful for all the kind and generous folks in our life who never fail to love on us and take care of us. An amazing gift of the Lord! I spent a wonderfully refreshing night and morning with dear friends at a sweet cabin outside of Pine Bluff this weekend. Good friends are a great blessing! And finally, we took the boys to Christmas Lane this afternoon/evening. It started out well--kettle corn and cocoa, as well as a train ride with our wonderful friends, the Turchi family. Then the sun disappeared, the cold set in, and Cannon fell and busted his little mouth :(. We are so thankful, though, for a wonderful community that offers fun, meaningful, and affordable opportunities for us to spend time together as a family during special times of the year.

For my memory: Cannon comes out from playing with Jonah in Jonah's room one morning and says, "Jonah not pinch me or bite my face or kick me or say mean things; he not do nothing rude." One evening while I was out, Jonah to Cannon: "Cannon, you are a naughty boy." Daddy responds, "Jonah, we don't say things like that to each other. Cannon is not a naughty boy." Jonah: "Daddy, I didn't say that Cannon was a naughty boy. I said, 'Cannon, you are a good boy, but sometimes you make bad choices.'" I guess some things are sticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment