I have not been great at monthly updates, but I feel this month has been highly significant concerning Violet's development. If there is one word for this baby girl right now (aside from sweet and beautiful and wonderful), it would be determined. If she wants to get something or do something, she puts everything in her being into getting or doing it. Since beginning crawling a couple months ago, she has only gotten more mobile. She pulls up onto everything and even pushes herself to standing in the middle of the floor and stands unassisted. She pushes things around the house, and I know walking will begin any day. So not ready for my baby girl to walk! She also loves to pull door-stoppers out of the wall and unplug things. This drives us crazy!
She waves at everyone. When we walk into a room, she just looks at everyone and waves. If we say "wave," she gets her little hands a-goin'. She plays peek-a-boo with her burp cloths (aka lovies)--she puts one over her head, then pulls it down real quick and waits for us to say "boo." When we ask, "how big is baby Violet," she raises her little hands up, and we all say, "so big."
She has 4 teeth, front and center, two on top and two on bottom. Some are more prominent than others, but they have all broken through the gums. We were a bit sad about teeth coming in because they really change how babies look. I love gummy smiles. However, seeing her little teeth in there is pretty sweet too. Her hair is growing, but it still refuses to lay down. So now she has really long "stick-up" hair. Her hair draws lots of attention. I constantly hear "look at that baby's hair" when we are out.
Nursing is still her preferred method of eating, but she is doing great with a sippy cup. I usually give her a cup of water when she is in her highchair. She loves fruits and veggies pureed and is especially fond of Cheerios right now. I have also been giving her banana and chicken, cut into small bits, as well as brown rice and oatmeal. She also enjoyed some Chick-Fil-A ice cream last week when I decided to share my cone with her.
sooo precious when sleeping and awake!!!
ReplyDeleteShe's so precious, Brit. Her tenacity reminds me of Dorien. Is it just 3rd kiddos, you think? I think she's lovely. Also, love your new blog background! Great watercolor and colors!
ReplyDelete