I have been so negligent of this blog. Mostly, this is due to the fact that I cannot get photos to upload to any web-based site or email, which makes me so frustrated. However, I want to remember and share important events and milestones for my family, and I can do that without photos I suppose. Since my last update, so many things have happened in the Pulliam home!
Jonah is still our child with the strongest presence. He is so smart and clever and tough. Not so sure that's a good combination :). He is still a huge Lego fan--he carries a Lego Star Wars sticker book with him everywhere he goes. I think he probably has it memorized by now. He continues to amaze us with his ability to recall stories and information. I don't think there is a Bible story (ones that are typically placed in church curriculum or children's Bibles, that is) that he can't answer any question about. We actually feel that he has turned a new leaf in his behavior--we are having to discipline a LOT less, and he seems more repentant when a problem does arise. He is still very introverted, so our biggest struggle is when other children are around (aside from his siblings). He can get very grumbly and, well, outright rude and mean. I am anxious to see how pre-K goes this next fall. I feel he is in great need of socialization skills.
Cannon turned the big 3 on April 10th! We celebrated with friends and family at our neighborhood park. The kids flew Buzz Lightyear kites, did sand art, got Toy Story tattoos, and ate cupcakes. The day was perfect (except daddy couldn't be there), and we are so thankful for so many fantastic friends. He is growing wonderfully and adores his older brother and baby sister. He really is such a little funny man. His expressions, both physically and verbally, can be so hysterical. He is also incredibly sensitive, so harsh discipline looks very differently for him than for his brother. On May 21st, our good friend Josh cut his beautiful hair. This was something we had been talking about for a while, but we just could not make the decision to do it. His long, red hair had become his defining feature for sure. However, a 3-year-old little boy and his parents can only take so many "girl" and "daughter" and "she" comments from strangers. So, we took the plunge, and he looks so handsome--of course! We are certainly still adjusting though.
At Violet's 2-month checkup, she weighed 12 1/2 pounds, was able to control her head/neck, was responding to smiling faces, and was cooing. She has been such an incredible joy! She is always so happy and so stinking cute! She was 3 months old on May 10th. She continues to grow strong and chubby. She has lost most of her black hair from birth, and we can't really tell yet if it will remain dark or if lighter hair is coming in. Her eyes are also still a mystery--blue or brown? She loves to talk--we have lots of face-to-face conversations. Her eyes get so big and she just chats away. She has officially grown out of her first round of baby clothes--even some 3-6 month items are a bit snug. I am thankful for a healthy, chunky baby girl. On May 20th, she slept her first night in her own room in her big crib. She had been sleeping 10-12 hour stretches at night for about a week and was getting very close to rolling over. On May 25th, she rolled over from back to belly for the first time. She was lying on a blankie on the living room floor and finally heaved her upper body over. She was very surprised at herself. She has also found her thumb, which I think has contributed to her long nights of sleep. She takes a pacifier, but if she can't find it, the thumb works beautifully. I really don't think I could have selected an easier, sweeter baby. We also have moved up to size 3 diapers. They are a bit big, but we were given a ton of them at a diaper shower. She had also been leaking out of size 2 Huggies (which are definitely not my favorite). So we used up the 2's and moved to our 3's. We have yet to buy diapers for Violet. Thank you Sylvan Hills High School English Department!
We are still loving Fellowship North and beginning to feel a part of the community there. Brandon has taken the boys on their first fishing excursion. Brandon and I saw The National on April 19th, which was fantastic. Violet took a bottle for my parents, so we were able to have a nice drive and concert experience kid-free. And... tomorrow is my and Brandon's 6th anniversary! I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. I am so very thankful for my husband--he is my dearest friend and makes me feel so special. I love him dearly.
Maybe the next post will include some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment